Call for Nominations for District 95 Leadership Positions
Toastmaster Year 2020/2021
Application deadline – January 15, 2020
Dear fellow Toastmasters,
Serving as a District Leader is a great responsibility, as well as an exciting opportunity to further develop your communication and leadership skills.
The District Leadership Committee (DLC) hereby officially opens nominations for officers to serve in District 95 during the Toastmaster year 2020-2021.
District 95 needs YOU as a leader. This is a great opportunity for you to become part of a team that supports members, clubs and the organization as a whole.
What is in for you?
- A District role gives YOU the unique opportunity to add a few more “golden nuggets” to your own personal Toastmasters “treasure chest”. It is a fantastic chance to kick your leadership skills up a notch. The District provides special training, offering the support you need in your new role.
- Serving in a District Role earns you credit towards achieving your Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM). You will receive that recognition by fulfilling all requirements of the role and attending at least two out of three District Officer training sessions (dates and location to be announced in December 2019).
Elected and Appointed District Positions
Elected Positions during the District Council Meeting
- District Director
- Program Quality Director
- Club Growth Director
- Division Directors (A, B, C, D, E, F, G)
Appointed Positions by the District 95 Director-Elect
- Public Relations Manager
- Administration Manager
- Finance Manager
- Area Directors
Other appointed positions by the District 95 Director-Elect
- IT/Web Administrator
- Easy-Speak Administrator
There is no fixed line of succession nor is there an automatic progression from one office to another. All positions are open for nomination.
What to do before sending the application?
Be proactive! Be decisive! Take the lead! Spread the word! Encourage others!
Check the District Leadership Handbook for more information on role descriptions, responsibilities and qualifications and overall District Leadership arrangements.
Check the minimum requirements for the position you are considering
District Leader Qualifications and Responsibilities and related set of required competences in Leader competencies.
Please fill out and submit the following forms:
1. CANDIDATE APPLICATION (must be completed by each candidate)
2. DISTRICT LEADER BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (must be completed by each candidate)
3. DISTRICT LEADER NOMINATING FORM (either the candidate complete by him-/herself or by another toastmaster with knowledge and permission of the nominated member).
4. OFFICER AGREEMENT AND RELEASE STATEMENT (must be completed by each candidate)
5. ATTACH A PICTURE (MAX. SIZE 1 MB - Image or PDF File)
6. Fill out the NOMINATION FORM and submit your application (Forms 1-4 and the picture) to DLC@toastmasters-95.org latest by January 15, 2020.
If you are nominating someone, make sure you have the candidate’s consent.
Incomplete applications will be discharged from screening and review!
The election process
The District Leadership Committee will assess the candidates and report the list of successful candidates to the District Director no later than April 11, 2020 (six weeks prior to election date: May 23, 2020 during District 95 Spring Conference in Stuttgart).
The list of nominated officers will be published by DLC on District website no later than April 25, 2020 (four weeks prior to election date: May 23, 2020 during District 95 Spring Conference in Stuttgart).
District Director, Tobias Schlosser, DTM, will report the list of successful candidates to members of the District Council no later than April 25, 2020 (four weeks prior to election date: May 23, 2020 during District 95 Spring Conference in Stuttgart).
Floor candidates (candidates that applied for elected positions but were not nominated by the DLC) according to August 2019 Toastmasters International Board meeting shall declare their intent to run after the DLC results have been announced.
At the District Council elections, the following procedure will be followed in respect of floor candidates for the roles of District Director, Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director, and Division Director.
For each office, the District Director inquires whether there are additional nominations from the floor.
- Floor candidates or, in their absence, their designees state their eligibility qualifications.
- Floor candidates must be nominated by a member of the district council or their proxyholder.
- Floor candidates provides a signed the Officer Agreement and Release Statement.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
On behalf of the District 95 Leadership Committee,
Svetlana Breum, DTM
District 95 | District Leadership Committee Chair 2019-2020
May 22-24, 2020, Stuttgart, Germany
"Let’s grow together"